[pmapper-users] presenting our site

Victoria Alvarez
Hello,

At Montevideo's City Council we have migrated the GIS site to pMapper 4.1.1
(before that we used a very robust but old own development application).

Since january 2011 the new site is published, and had been praised and also
criticized by users =)

We are pleased with de results and invite you all to visit the new site at:
http://www.montevideo.gub.uy/sit and make suggestions.

The laguage is spanish, the link "Pantalla Completa" at the superior right
corner means "Full screen" and resizes de map for a more confortable use.

Regards,
Victoria Alvarez

Re: [pmapper-users] presenting our site

Giovanni Manghi
Hi Victoria, very nice job!

I was guessing about two tools, the one to see the POI in Google Earth
and the layers search tool.

Are these available in the latest p.mapper releases or were developed
just for your project. In the last case do you plan to contribute them
as plugins?

cheers

-- Giovanni --

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 12:21 -0300, Victoria Alvarez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At Montevideo's City Council we have migrated the GIS site to pMapper 4.1.1
> (before that we used a very robust but old own development application).
>
> Since january 2011 the new site is published, and had been praised and also
> criticized by users =)
>
> We are pleased with de results and invite you all to visit the new site at:
> http://www.montevideo.gub.uy/sit and make suggestions.
>
> The laguage is spanish, the link "Pantalla Completa" at the superior right
> corner means "Full screen" and resizes de map for a more confortable use.
>
> Regards,
> Victoria Alvarez

Re: [pmapper-users] presenting our site

Nicolás Morales
Hi Giovanni, i've worked with Victoria in this job.

We sent as an attachment the plugins you have request.

The plugin to see the POI in Google Earth we named "ver_en_google_earth".
The layers search tool not implemented as a plugin but as changes in the
code php and js of pmapper, then it's difficult to share.

We also send the "coordinates" plugins that we modify to copy them to
clipboard, and the code to "search for X,Y" (only overwrite the
displayCoordinates function in uielement.php and copy custom.js code).

thanks
regards

On 1 September 2011 06:50, Giovanni Manghi <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Victoria, very nice job!
>
> I was guessing about two tools, the one to see the POI in Google Earth
> and the layers search tool.
>
> Are these available in the latest p.mapper releases or were developed
> just for your project. In the last case do you plan to contribute them
> as plugins?
>
> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --
>

> On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 12:21 -0300, Victoria Alvarez wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > At Montevideo's City Council we have migrated the GIS site to pMapper
> 4.1.1
> > (before that we used a very robust but old own development application).
> >
> > Since january 2011 the new site is published, and had been praised and
> also
> > criticized by users =)
> >
> > We are pleased with de results and invite you all to visit the new site
> at:
> > http://www.montevideo.gub.uy/sit and make suggestions.
> >
> > The laguage is spanish, the link "Pantalla Completa" at the superior
> right
> > corner means "Full screen" and resizes de map for a more confortable use.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Victoria Alvarez

Saludos,

Nicolás

ver_en_google_earth.rar (5K) Download Attachment
coordinates.rar (6K) Download Attachment
buscar_por_coordenadas.rar (6K) Download Attachment

Re: [pmapper-users] presenting our site

Giovanni Manghi
Hi Nicolás,
thanks a lot for the plugins. I guess you can contribute them also
directly to the project (maybe this mail was enough) so they can be
published in the pmapper site.

> The layers search tool not implemented as a plugin but as changes in
> the code php and js of pmapper, then it's difficult to share.

Then I guess you can submit a patch to Armin, I'm sure he will be happy
to review it and eventually add this feature upstream.

cheers!

-- Giovanni --

Re: [pmapper-users] presenting our site

Thomas
Hi,

I've just committed the coordinates plugin in development version with
changes from Victoria or Nicolás (not the copy functionnality I can't
find a way to make it for all browsers).

Thanks for this enhancement.

Thomas