[pmapper-users] Problem with explorer 6 7 8

[pmapper-users] Problem with explorer 6 7 8

pillograsso
Hi to all

I have a problem with the compatibility of Pmapper 4.2 with Explorer 6 7 8

In the other browser all go good, (chrome, mozzilla, IE 9)

You can see my webgis at this address :

http://93.64.59.245:80/cilento/

In IE 6 – 7 – 8 the browser give me this error:

Pm_cjs.js

Something can help me?

thanks

Dr. Filippo Grasso

DEMETRA

Via Visconta, 75 - 20048 Besana Brianza (MB)

tel 0362 802120 opzione 5

Interno 0362/1722981

fax 0362 802113

Le informazioni trasmesse sono destinate esclusivamente alla persona o alla
società in indirizzo e sono da intendersi confidenziali e riservate. Ogni
trasmissione, inoltro, diffusione o altro uso di queste informazioni a
persone o società differenti dal destinatario é proibita. Se ricevete questa
comunicazione per errore, contattate il mittente e cancellate le
informazioni da ogni computer.
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this

Re: [pmapper-users] Problem with explorer 6 7 8

Armin Burger
Filippo

IE 6 will not work with p.mapper > 4.0, this I can confirm. The problem
is the missing debugging functionality for Javascript in IE, so finally
I gave up.

IE 7 and 8 should work though, IE 9 I have not yet used so I cannot say
anything about that, in principal it should work.

I would suggest to use the uncompressed Javascript files and check the
error you get then, it should report a single *.js file and possibly the
line where the error appears. You do this by changing in
config_xxxxx.xml the value for
   <pm_javascript_location>javascript</pm_javascript_location>
   <pm_javascript_location>javascript/src</pm_javascript_location>

One typical problem in all IE versions is a superfluous comma in the
js_config.php file at the end of some configuration in brackets, like

{
   item1,
   item2,
   item3,
}

All other browsers ignore that, but IE stops with weird errors.

Armin

On 02/11/2011 11:10, Filippo Grasso [DEMETRA] wrote:

> Hi to all
>
> I have a problem with the compatibility of Pmapper 4.2 with Explorer 6 7 8
>
> In the other browser all go good, (chrome, mozzilla, IE 9)
>
> You can see my webgis at this address :
>
> http://93.64.59.245:80/cilento/
>

> In IE 6 – 7 – 8 the browser give me this error:
>

> Pm_cjs.js
>

> Something can help me?
>
> thanks
>

> Dr. Filippo Grasso
>

> DEMETRA
>
> Via Visconta, 75 - 20048 Besana Brianza (MB)
>
> tel 0362 802120 opzione 5
>
> Interno 0362/1722981
>
> fax 0362 802113
>
> Le informazioni trasmesse sono destinate esclusivamente alla persona o alla
> società in indirizzo e sono da intendersi confidenziali e riservate. Ogni
> trasmissione, inoltro, diffusione o altro uso di queste informazioni a
> persone o società differenti dal destinatario é proibita. Se ricevete questa
> comunicazione per errore, contattate il mittente e cancellate le
> informazioni da ogni computer.
> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Re: [pmapper-users] Problem with explorer 6 7 8

Thomas

The errors occurs because your PM.linksDefault is badly defined in
config.xxxx/js_config.php: there is a comma at the end of the last
element. Try to remove it, and if you have again js errors, try to use
the uncompressed js (see here:
http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/wiki/XmlFileSettings for the
"pm_javascript_location" parameter).

Thomas

Le 02/11/2011 11:10, Filippo Grasso [DEMETRA] a écrit :

> Hi to all
>
> I have a problem with the compatibility of Pmapper 4.2 with Explorer 6 7 8
>
> In the other browser all go good, (chrome, mozzilla, IE 9)
>
> You can see my webgis at this address :
>
> http://93.64.59.245:80/cilento/
>

> In IE 6 – 7 – 8 the browser give me this error:
>

> Pm_cjs.js
>

> Something can help me?
>
> thanks
>

> Dr. Filippo Grasso
>

> DEMETRA
>
> Via Visconta, 75 - 20048 Besana Brianza (MB)
>
> tel 0362 802120 opzione 5
>
> Interno 0362/1722981
>
> fax 0362 802113
>
> Le informazioni trasmesse sono destinate esclusivamente alla persona o alla
> società in indirizzo e sono da intendersi confidenziali e riservate. Ogni
> trasmissione, inoltro, diffusione o altro uso di queste informazioni a
> persone o società differenti dal destinatario é proibita. Se ricevete questa
> comunicazione per errore, contattate il mittente e cancellate le
> informazioni da ogni computer.
> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Re: [pmapper-users] Problem with explorer 6 7 8

Thomas
Oops, too late!

Le 02/11/2011 14:00, Thomas RAFFIN a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> The errors occurs because your PM.linksDefault is badly defined in
> config.xxxx/js_config.php: there is a comma at the end of the last
> element. Try to remove it, and if you have again js errors, try to use
> the uncompressed js (see here:
> http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/wiki/XmlFileSettings for the
> "pm_javascript_location" parameter).
>
> Thomas
>
> Le 02/11/2011 11:10, Filippo Grasso [DEMETRA] a écrit :
>> Hi to all
>>
>> I have a problem with the compatibility of Pmapper 4.2 with Explorer 6 7 8
>>
>> In the other browser all go good, (chrome, mozzilla, IE 9)
>>
>> You can see my webgis at this address :
>>
>> http://93.64.59.245:80/cilento/
>>

>> In IE 6 – 7 – 8 the browser give me this error:
>>

>> Pm_cjs.js
>>

>> Something can help me?
>>
>> thanks
>>

>> Dr. Filippo Grasso
>>

>> DEMETRA
>>
>> Via Visconta, 75 - 20048 Besana Brianza (MB)
>>
>> tel 0362 802120 opzione 5
>>
>> Interno 0362/1722981
>>
>> fax 0362 802113
>>
>> Le informazioni trasmesse sono destinate esclusivamente alla persona o alla
>> società in indirizzo e sono da intendersi confidenziali e riservate. Ogni
>> trasmissione, inoltro, diffusione o altro uso di queste informazioni a
>> persone o società differenti dal destinatario é proibita. Se ricevete questa
>> comunicazione per errore, contattate il mittente e cancellate le
>> informazioni da ogni computer.
>> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
>> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If
>> you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
>> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
>> message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

[pmapper-users] R: Problem with explorer 6 7 8

pillograsso
Hi i have pmapper 4.2 and Mapserver 5.03

Strange thing that you can see two different project:

http://93.64.59.245:80/cilento/ this is based to Pmapper 4.2 and don't work
in explorer
http://93.64.59.245:80/Cilento.old/ this in base to pmapper 4.1 and work on
explorer.... when arrive pmapper4.2 I traslate this project to 4.2

I change this string
config_xxxxx.xml the value for
   <pm_javascript_location>javascript</pm_javascript_location>
   <pm_javascript_location>javascript/src</pm_javascript_location>

But nothing change.

This is my PM.linksDefault

/**
 * Tool link elements
 */
PM.linksDefault = {
    containerid:'toolLinkContainer',
    links: [
        {linkid:'link', name:'Link', run:'PM.UI.showMapLink',
imgsrc:'link-w.png'},
        {linkid:'print', name:'Print', run:'PM.Dlg.openPrint',
imgsrc:'print-w.png'},
        {linkid:'download', name:'Download', run:'PM.Dlg.openDownload',
imgsrc:'download-w.png'},
        {linkid:'help', name:'Help', run:'PM.Dlg.openHelp',
imgsrc:'help-w.png'},
        //{linkid:'home', name:'Home', run:'http://www.pmapper.net',
target:'_new', imgsrc:'home-w.png'}
        //{linkid:'layers', name:'Layers',
run:'PM.Plugin.Layerselect.openDlg', imgsrc:'layers-w.png'}
    ]
};

Thanks Again!

> [...]

alla
> società in indirizzo e sono da intendersi confidenziali e riservate. Ogni
> trasmissione, inoltro, diffusione o altro uso di queste informazioni a
> persone o società differenti dal destinatario é proibita. Se ricevete
questa
> comunicazione per errore, contattate il mittente e cancellate le
> informazioni da ogni computer.

> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
If
> you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

[pmapper-users] R: Problem with explorer 6 7 8

Ho sorry i find the comma "," now work!!!!
GREAT!!!!!

Thanks to all!

> [...]

alla
>> società in indirizzo e sono da intendersi confidenziali e riservate. Ogni
>> trasmissione, inoltro, diffusione o altro uso di queste informazioni a
>> persone o società differenti dal destinatario é proibita. Se ricevete
questa
>> comunicazione per errore, contattate il mittente e cancellate le
>> informazioni da ogni computer.

>> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
information
>> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
If
>> you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and
are
>> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
>> message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Re: [pmapper-users] R: Problem with explorer 6 7 8

Armin Burger-2
Filippo

2 suggestions for improvements:

1) adapt the value for scales and slider min scale (they have the
default ones for a European scale...)
   <sliderMin>100000</sliderMin>

   PM.scaleSelectList = [...]

2) optimize the raster display for the ortho photos:
- create overviews for Tiff files, if necessary reproject the image data
to the map projection
   see also http://mapserver.org/input/raster.html

- for smaller map images sent to the clients, use JPEG as format when
ortho photos are enabled:
   <altImgFormat>jpeg</altImgFormat>
   <altImgFormatLayers>
       <layer>Ortofoto_test</layer>
   </altImgFormatLayers>

armin

On 02/11/2011 14:17, Filippo Grasso [DEMETRA] wrote:

> Ho sorry i find the comma "," now work!!!!
> GREAT!!!!!
>
> Thanks to all!
>
> Dr. Filippo Grasso
>
> DEMETRA
> Via Visconta, 75 - 20048 Besana Brianza (MB)
> tel 0362 802120 opzione 5
> Interno 0362/1722981
> fax 0362 802113
> Le informazioni trasmesse sono destinate esclusivamente alla persona o alla
> società in indirizzo e sono da intendersi confidenziali e riservate. Ogni
> trasmissione, inoltro, diffusione o altro uso di queste informazioni a
> persone o società differenti dal destinatario é proibita. Se ricevete questa
> comunicazione per errore, contattate il mittente e cancellate le
> informazioni da ogni computer.
> This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are
> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
> message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Thanks Armin for your suggestion..

I don't understand something..

1) What change if I write    <sliderMin>500</sliderMin>?
2) when you speak about raster you speak of "Ortofoto_test" ? this layer is
a wms for "Regione Campania" to create overviews?
3) I write in my map.file this :

   <altImgFormat>jpeg</altImgFormat>
   <altImgFormatLayers>
       <layer>Ortofoto_test</layer>
   </altImgFormatLayers>

but after that I write the gis is dead and I restore the configuration.

I have an other question:
I don't understand how use shape export. I install the plug-in but you can
see the icon but I can't see the "download" I read all post but I don't
understand if shape export work or not.

Thanks for all
Filippo

On 04/11/2011 16:07, Filippo Grasso [DEMETRA] wrote:
> Thanks Armin for your suggestion..
>
> I don't understand something..
>
> 1) What change if I write<sliderMin>500</sliderMin>?

you will have a minimum scale of 1:500 instead of 1:100000

> 2) when you speak about raster you speak of "Ortofoto_test" ? this layer is
> a wms for "Regione Campania" to create overviews?

If you load an external WMS then you will have to live with it's speed,
I was just assuming you have the ortho photos directly available as files.

> 3) I write in my map.file this :
>
>     <altImgFormat>jpeg</altImgFormat>
>     <altImgFormatLayers>
>         <layer>Ortofoto_test</layer>
>     </altImgFormatLayers>
>
> but after that I write the gis is dead and I restore the configuration.

You need to check the PHP error logs to see what went wrong.

> I have an other question:
> I don't understand how use shape export. I install the plug-in but you can
> see the icon but I can't see the "download" I read all post but I don't
> understand if shape export work or not.

also here check the error logs, could be related to this:
http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/wiki/UpgradeInfo#dBasefunctions

armin