[pmapper-users] Plugin multimedia_files with GROUP name

[pmapper-users] Plugin multimedia_files with GROUP name

Pedro Venâncio
I realized the reason for the multimedia_files plugin does not work, just as I had described in the previous email. Actually I was testing with a group of layers (2 layers with the same GROUP name) and the multimedia_files does not. If I eliminate the GROUP tag and apply the "MULTIMEDIA_FIELDS" to each of the layers, then it runs smoothly.

As the layers that make up the group can have exactly the same structure in terms of attributes, it might be interesting to provide the multimedia_files also for groups, but I do not know if that is easy to implement. Perhaps for a future update of the plugin.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio

Re: [pmapper-users] Plugin multimedia_files with GROUP name

Thomas
Thanks for the bug report

Le 18/05/2015 15:44, Pedro Venâncio a écrit :

> I realized the reason for the multimedia_files plugin does not work, just as I had described in the previous email. Actually I was testing with a group of layers (2 layers with the same GROUP name) and the multimedia_files does not. If I eliminate the GROUP tag and apply the "MULTIMEDIA_FIELDS" to each of the layers, then it runs smoothly.
>
> As the layers that make up the group can have exactly the same structure in terms of attributes, it might be interesting to provide the multimedia_files also for groups, but I do not know if that is easy to implement. Perhaps for a future update of the plugin.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Best regards,
> Pedro Venâncio

Re: [pmapper-users] Plugin multimedia_files with GROUP name

Pedro Venâncio
Hi Thomas,

I think I found another problem.

When the image name has a dot, it fails to recognize the image as an image, because it considers that the extension is what comes after the first dot.

For example, I have pictures with names like:

GenericPoint2012-02-28-10-18-37C0807.0487.jpg

In this case, it apparently believes that 0487 is the extension and does not show the image.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Pedro