pmapper project

jose mvm
hi Armin Burger,

please, can you tell us (all users) what do you thing about pmapper project - the present and the future of the project?

thanks
best regards

Re: pmapper project

gioza
i'm really interested as well. I think one "ticket" should be the responsive layout because pmapper5 is excellent with the ol integration but not suitable to mobile devices.

Re: pmapper project

gioza
i'm testing pmapper5 with ms4w 3.1.4 (mapserver 7.0.1), it works well

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

Jeff McKenna
Great timing, I am packaging pmapper5 now for MS4W users (on
http://ms4w.com).  Should I be grabbing it from SVN?
http://svn.pmapper.net/repos/pmapper/trunk/pmapper5/

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2016-05-27 10:19 AM, gioza wrote:
> i'm testing pmapper5 with ms4w 3.1.4 (mapserver 7.0.1), it works well

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

gioza
Hi, I think it's the right version! Armin and others made a lot of improvements (tiling, caching, ol 2.12 integration...)

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

Armin Burger-2
You can also use the latest MS4W package from here

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pmapper/files/p.mapper%204/4.4.0/

It's based on the svn export of the latest p.mapper 4 with fixes and new
plugins from Thomas Raffin.

I haven't tried if it works since I have no Windows PHP installation any
more, but the zip compilation is based on a script that in the past
produced correct ms4w packages.

p.mapper 5 is based on a legacy OpenLayers version where the OL
developers did not provide any single bug fix release since years, so I
regard this as a dead end. If I had to do this type of development again
I would use a better supported library like Leaflet.

Cheers
Armin

On 27/05/16 16:15, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> Great timing, I am packaging pmapper5 now for MS4W users (on
> http://ms4w.com).  Should I be grabbing it from SVN?
> http://svn.pmapper.net/repos/pmapper/trunk/pmapper5/
>
> -jeff

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

Jeff McKenna
Thanks Armin, I will try that version now. -jeff

On 2016-05-29 11:53 AM, Armin Burger wrote:

> You can also use the latest MS4W package from here
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/pmapper/files/p.mapper%204/4.4.0/
>
> It's based on the svn export of the latest p.mapper 4 with fixes and new
> plugins from Thomas Raffin.
>
> I haven't tried if it works since I have no Windows PHP installation any
> more, but the zip compilation is based on a script that in the past
> produced correct ms4w packages.
>
> p.mapper 5 is based on a legacy OpenLayers version where the OL
> developers did not provide any single bug fix release since years, so I
> regard this as a dead end. If I had to do this type of development again
> I would use a better supported library like Leaflet.
>
> Cheers
> Armin
>

> On 27/05/16 16:15, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>> Great timing, I am packaging pmapper5 now for MS4W users (on
>> http://ms4w.com).  Should I be grabbing it from SVN?
>> http://svn.pmapper.net/repos/pmapper/trunk/pmapper5/
>>
>> -jeff

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

gioza
Hi Armin actually openlayers project has moved to 3.x release and it seems well supported. Ol 2.12 which is implemented in pmapper5 is no more developed, and its libraries are really different from 3.x
Let us know your intentions.
Thanks
GIovanni

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

Jeff McKenna
Yes OL 3 has been getting lots of love, and I've heard many are coming
back from Leaflet to OpenLayers again.  -jeff

On 2016-05-29 4:21 PM, gioza wrote:

> Hi Armin actually openlayers project has moved to 3.x release and it seems
> well supported. Ol 2.12 which is implemented in pmapper5 is no more
> developed, and its libraries are really different from 3.x
> Let us know your intentions.
> Thanks
> GIovanni

Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

Solly
Thank you Armin

I have not tested this version but I just want to check if it does have an
option of openlayers plugin?

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Jeff McKenna <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Yes OL 3 has been getting lots of love, and I've heard many are coming
> back from Leaflet to OpenLayers again.  -jeff
>

> On 2016-05-29 4:21 PM, gioza wrote:
> > Hi Armin actually openlayers project has moved to 3.x release and it
> seems
> > well supported. Ol 2.12 which is implemented in pmapper5 is no more
> > developed, and its libraries are really different from 3.x
> > Let us know your intentions.
> > Thanks
> > GIovanni
> >

> > --
> archive at Nabble.com.

> > What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> > patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are
> > consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow,
> > J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity
> > planning reports.
> https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e

> Jeff McKenna
> MapServer Consulting and Training Services
> http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are

Best Regards

Solly Vuso
Cell:073 3068 170
Fax:086 555 1270

I may not know what tomorrow holds for me but I do know who holds ma
tomorrow.....

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

Jeff McKenna
Version 4.4.0 is now available in MS4W (http://ms4w.com), and its
setup.exe installer will also change necessary mapfile paths etc.

Note that I did make one change to the package mentioned by Armin: I
changed references of version "3.4" to "4.4.0" in
/config/common/._startup_/.defaults.xml

Also, I notice that the 4.4.0 demo throws an error:

   404 Not found: http://127.0.0.1/images/cursors/zoomin.cur

This error only happens with version 4.4.0

Give it a try and let me know if anything needs changing or updated.
Thanks!

-jeff

In my opinion pmapper5 should be included in ms4w.
I think Pmapper4.4 is a robust and mature product but Pmapper5 is the right way for webgis. Faster, more flexible and even if OL2.12 is no more developed, at the moment, it is still competitive as library and robust

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

Solly
Thank you Jeff for adding it and I hope the error can be fixed. I also
agree with the suggestion of including pmapper 5 features to this version

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 8:40 AM, gioza <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In my opinion pmapper5 should be included in ms4w.
> I think Pmapper4.4 is a robust and mature product but Pmapper5 is the right
> way for webgis. Faster, more flexible and even if OL2.12 is no more
> developed, at the moment, it is still competitive as library and robust

> archive at Nabble.com.

> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols
> are

Best Regards

Solly Vuso
Cell:073 3068 170
Fax:086 555 1270

I may not know what tomorrow holds for me but I do know who holds ma
tomorrow.....

Re: [pmapper-users] pmapper project

Jeff McKenna
If someone from the pmapper community creates a pmapper5 package for
MS4W (including full demo data, with no errors, etc.), then sends it to
me, I can easily add it into MS4W.  Otherwise I will continue to share
the 4.4.0 MS4W package that Armin provided.

-jeff