Quantcast

p.mapper and ECW files

aborruso
Administrator
Dear all,
I'm not able to use an ECW file as pmapper 4.1.1 Layer.

I'm working in Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS with MapServer version 5.6.6 (OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE).

I have GDAL 1.7.2 and gdal-config gives me these formats: gxf gtiff hfa aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 xpm sdts raw dted mem jdem envisat elas fit vrt usgsdem l1b nitf bmp pcidsk airsar rs2 ilwis rmf leveller sgi srtmhgt idrisi gsg ingr ers jaxapalsar dimap gff cosar pds adrg coasp tsx terragen blx msgn til r northwood saga wcs wms grib bsb ecw jpeg2000 hdf5 hdf4 gif jpeg png netcdf pcraster rik rasterlite wktraster.

In my pmapper map file I have a geotiff raster layer, and I see it perfectly in my pmapper application. If I substitute the geotiff file with an ECW file (changing only the DATA parameter of the Layer), I have a black map in pmapper. But if I load the map with a classic mapserver call - http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/vv1.map&mode=map - I see perfectly the map.

This is for me very strange because MapServer and GDAL read properly my ECW file, and p.mapper generally works great for me, but when I use an ECW file as source I have a black map.

Do you have some solution or advice for me?

Thank you very much,

Re: [pmapper-users] p.mapper and ECW files

Armin Burger
p.mapper uses Mapserver/Mapscript and Mapserver uses Gdal for raster
rendering,  p.mapper does not have a notion if your raster file is ECW
or Tiff. If something does not work try to use a systematic debugging
as described in the FAQ's.

armin

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:26 AM, aborruso <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'm not able to use an ECW file as pmapper 4.1.1 Layer.
>
> I'm working in Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS with MapServer version 5.6.6 (OUTPUT=GIF
> OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ
> SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI
> SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
> SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI
> SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
> INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE).
>
> I have GDAL 1.7.2 and gdal-config gives me these formats: gxf gtiff hfa
> aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 xpm sdts raw dted mem jdem envisat elas
> fit vrt usgsdem l1b nitf bmp pcidsk airsar rs2 ilwis rmf leveller sgi
> srtmhgt idrisi gsg ingr ers jaxapalsar dimap gff cosar pds adrg coasp tsx
> terragen blx msgn til r northwood saga wcs wms grib bsb ecw jpeg2000 hdf5
> hdf4 gif jpeg png netcdf pcraster rik rasterlite wktraster.
>
> In my pmapper map file I have a geotiff raster layer, and I see it perfectly
> in my pmapper application. If I substitute the geotiff file with an ECW file
> (changing only the DATA parameter of the Layer), I have a black map in
> pmapper. But if I load the map with a classic mapserver call -
> http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/vv1.map&mode=map - I see
> perfectly the map.
>
> This is for me very strange because MapServer and GDAL read properly my ECW
> file, and p.mapper generally works great for me, but when I use an ECW file
> as source I have a black map.
>
> Do you have some solution or advice for me?
>
> Thank you very much,

Re: [pmapper-users] p.mapper and ECW files

aborruso
Administrator
Hi Armin,
thank you very much.

Armin Burger wrote
p.mapper uses Mapserver/Mapscript and Mapserver uses Gdal for raster
rendering,  p.mapper does not have a notion if your raster file is ECW
or Tiff. If something does not work try to use a systematic debugging
I have these errors:
[23-Mar-2011 10:32:40] PHP Warning:  [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap(): Failed to draw layer named 'DEM'.
 in /var/www/.../map.php on line 326
[23-Mar-2011 10:32:40] PHP Warning:  [MapServer Error]: msDrawRaster(): Unrecognized or unsupported image format
 in /var/www/.../map.php on line 326
[23-Mar-2011 10:32:40] PHP Warning:  [MapServer Error]: drawEPP(): /var/data/.../DEM.ecw is not an EPPL file.

Mapserver is able to read and render my ECW file. I have tested with http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/.../vv1.map&mode=map, and MapServer renders the map with the ECW file.

What's wrong in my system configuration?

Thank you,

Andrea