Re: [pmapper-users] labels

Solly
I dont know what I do wrong but I have multiple labels in one Polygon, If
the polygon name is Buffalo City it repeately place many Buffalo City
inside that polygon.

Here is a mapfile

#
# Start of Layer District.shp
#
LAYER
  NAME "District"
  TYPE polygon
  DATA 'vector/Districts'
  LABELITEM "DC_NAME"
  TRANSPARENCY 100
  TEMPLATE void
  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4148"
  END
  METADATA
    "PM_DESCRIPTION" "District"
    "PM_RESULT_FIELDS" "DC_NAME,DC_MDB_C"
    "PM_RESULT_HEADERS" "Name,DC_MDB_C"

  END  # Metadata
  CLASS
    Name 'EC District'
    COLOR -1 -1 -1
    OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 255
    #TEMPLATE void

    LABEL
      POSITION auto
      COLOR 200 200 200
    #MINDISTANCE 100000000
      TYPE truetype
      ENCODING "ISO-8859-1"
      FONT FreeSerifBold
     # PARTIALS FALSE
      SIZE 9
      #MAXSIZE 12
      #SIZE medium
    END #Label

  END  # Class
END  # Layer

Re: [pmapper-users] labels

Chris forum
Hi

I guess you are having this issue with pmapper5, so it looks like the
problem comes from the tiling:
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/ka-map-users/2006-May/001571.html

As said in the link above, you could try to pre-generate bigger tiles. But
in your case, polygons districts must be quite big so tiles would be even
bigger and that is not the purpose of tiling.
That is why I wouldn't mess with tiles size but have instead a seperate
shapefile for labels only.

Cheers,
Chris

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Solly Vuso <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I dont know what I do wrong but I have multiple labels in one Polygon, If
> the polygon name is Buffalo City it repeately place many Buffalo City
> inside that polygon.
>
> Here is a mapfile
>
> #
> # Start of Layer District.shp
> #
> LAYER
>   NAME "District"
>   TYPE polygon
>   DATA 'vector/Districts'
>   LABELITEM "DC_NAME"
>   TRANSPARENCY 100
>   TEMPLATE void
>   PROJECTION
>     "init=epsg:4148"
>   END
>   METADATA
>     "PM_DESCRIPTION" "District"
>     "PM_RESULT_FIELDS" "DC_NAME,DC_MDB_C"
>     "PM_RESULT_HEADERS" "Name,DC_MDB_C"
>
>   END  # Metadata
>   CLASS
>     Name 'EC District'
>     COLOR -1 -1 -1
>     OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 255
>     #TEMPLATE void
>
>     LABEL
>       POSITION auto
>       COLOR 200 200 200
>     #MINDISTANCE 100000000
>       TYPE truetype
>       ENCODING "ISO-8859-1"
>       FONT FreeSerifBold
>      # PARTIALS FALSE
>       SIZE 9
>       #MAXSIZE 12
>       #SIZE medium
>     END #Label
>
>   END  # Class
> END  # Layer

Re: [pmapper-users] labels

Chris forum
Great, well done!
I didn't know that PROCESSING parameter:
The LABEL_NO_CLIP processing option can be used to skip clipping of shapes
when determining associated label anchor points. This avoids changes in
label position as extents change between map draws. It also avoids
duplicate labels where features appear in multiple adjacent tiles when
creating tiled maps.

About the Google Sat as default, I haven't tried seriously pmapper5 yet,
only played a bit with it to see the possibilities it offers.
Isn't the solution Gioza has sent you working?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Solly Vuso <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Chris forum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I guess you are having this issue with pmapper5, so it looks like the
>> problem comes from the tiling:
>> http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/ka-map-users/2006-May/001571.html
>>
>> As said in the link above, you could try to pre-generate bigger tiles.
>> But in your case, polygons districts must be quite big so tiles would be
>> even bigger and that is not the purpose of tiling.
>> That is why I wouldn't mess with tiles size but have instead a seperate
>> shapefile for labels only.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chris
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Solly Vuso <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I dont know what I do wrong but I have multiple labels in one Polygon, If
>>> the polygon name is Buffalo City it repeately place many Buffalo City
>>> inside that polygon.
>>>
>>> Here is a mapfile
>>>
>>> #
>>> # Start of Layer District.shp
>>> #
>>> LAYER
>>>   NAME "District"
>>>   TYPE polygon
>>>   DATA 'vector/Districts'
>>>   LABELITEM "DC_NAME"
>>>   TRANSPARENCY 100
>>>   TEMPLATE void
>>>   PROJECTION
>>>     "init=epsg:4148"
>>>   END
>>>   METADATA
>>>     "PM_DESCRIPTION" "District"
>>>     "PM_RESULT_FIELDS" "DC_NAME,DC_MDB_C"
>>>     "PM_RESULT_HEADERS" "Name,DC_MDB_C"
>>>
>>>   END  # Metadata
>>>   CLASS
>>>     Name 'EC District'
>>>     COLOR -1 -1 -1
>>>     OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 255
>>>     #TEMPLATE void
>>>
>>>     LABEL
>>>       POSITION auto
>>>       COLOR 200 200 200
>>>     #MINDISTANCE 100000000
>>>       TYPE truetype
>>>       ENCODING "ISO-8859-1"
>>>       FONT FreeSerifBold
>>>      # PARTIALS FALSE
>>>       SIZE 9
>>>       #MAXSIZE 12
>>>       #SIZE medium
>>>     END #Label
>>>
>>>   END  # Class
>>> END  # Layer

>>> October Webinars: Code for Performance
>>> Free Intel webinars can help you accelerate application performance.
>>> Explore tips for MPI, OpenMP, advanced profiling, and more. Get the most
>>> from
>>> the latest Intel processors and coprocessors. See abstracts and register
>>> >

>>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=60135991&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> Best Regards
>
> Solly Vuso
> Cell:073 3068 170
> Fax:086 555 1270
>
> I may not know what tomorrow holds for me but I do know who holds ma

Re: [pmapper-users] labels

Solly
I have tried following the instruction but its still not working

--
Best Regards

Solly Vuso
Cell:073 3068 170
Fax:086 555 1270

I may not know what tomorrow holds for me but I do know who holds ma
tomorrow.....

Re: [pmapper-users] labels

gioza
I have the same problem to solve: "the labels clipped by tiles".
I tried the PROCESSING "LABEL_NO_CLIP=On" but no changes occured.

As far as Google maps as Default is concerned, if you post your config.xml file I could help you.

Re: [pmapper-users] labels

Chris forum
That will probably not change anything, but the mapserver documentation
says:

PROCESSING "LABEL_NO_CLIP=True"

"True", not "On"