Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

nando_gcia
Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

Hi, I have installed pmapper 4.3.2, mapserver 6.0.1 and my question is that the font size increases when a pdf printing is performed?. Otherwise the font size is equal to the plane.

Attached images to view.

Pmapper 1st option: print as image in the browser

Pmapper 2nd option: print as pdf in the browser

Pmapper 3rd option: download image with resolution as

Why in pdf print change the font size?

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

Thomas
Hi,

I think it is due to MapServer version that is not correctly supported
in pmapper.

You should try to upgrade to MapsErver 6.2 or 6.4.

Thomas
Le 17/07/2014 13:19, nando_gcia a écrit :

> Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font
>
> Hi, I have installed pmapper 4.3.2, mapserver 6.0.1 and my question is that
> the font size increases when a pdf printing is performed?. Otherwise the
> font size is equal to the plane.
>
> Attached images to view.
>
> Pmapper 1st option: print as image in the browser

> Pmapper 2nd option: print as pdf in the browser

> Pmapper 3rd option: download image with resolution as

> Why in pdf print change the font size?

Thomas RAFFIN
Chef de Projet Internet
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> Sirap <http://sirap.fr> Tel
: 04 75 72 84 10
Fax : 04 75 70 07 98
Rue Paul Louis Héroult - BP 253
26106 Romans cedex

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

nando_gcia
Hello again, I have to update mapserver to version 6.2.1 and still the same problem. The font size in pdf printing is larger than the other.

Any solution?
Armin you help me?
No one has the same problem?

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

nando_gcia
Hi again, no one can confirm if the issue is resolved by installing the 6.4 version of mapserver?

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

johan guerra
Hi I have the same problem and have not been able to find the solution for
pdf printing .

Any help I will be grateful

Johan

> Hi again, no one can confirm if the issue is resolved by installing the 6.4
> version of mapserver?

> archive at Nabble.com.

Johan Miguel Guerra P.

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

Armin Burger
The only place I see where the labels are increased is in
print/print.php, around line 359. Just try to comment out the line

   $this->increaseLabels($pdfres);

and see if it works better.

armin

nando_gcia
Hi Armin, I have tried your solution but no difference, still the same result. Thomas Raffin says mapserver version does not support well pmappper this is true?

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

johan guerra
hi there

Even in the official demo is the pdf print failed.

PDF Link:
http://www.pmapper.net/demo/p42/printmap.phtml?printscale=3700000&printrefmap=on&docformat=pdf&printtitle=ffffff&papersize=A4&orientation=P&maptype=normal&PHPSESSID=9h1ati5eq74vbrtdapicq20c33&config=default

Portal:
http://www.pmapper.net/demo/p42/map_default.phtml?winsize=medium&language=de&config=default

> Hi Armin, I have tried your solution but no difference, still the same
> result. Thomas Raffin says mapserver version does not support well pmappper
> this is true?

> archive at Nabble.com.

Johan Miguel Guerra P.

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

Thomas

That's not what I would like to say. I thought your specific MapServer
version (6.0.1) could not be well supported in pmapper. That's why I
suggested to upgrade to 6.2.x or 6.4.x.

I've just tested with:
- pmapper image in the browser
- PDF (from pmapper print functionality)
- HTML "print" (from pmapper print functionality)
- image generation (from "donwload" pmapper functionality)
All text are well sized.

Maybe there is an issue with LABEL parameter in mapfile... Here is the
one I've tested
     LABEL
         TYPE TRUETYPE
         FONT "vera"
         SIZE 6
         POSITION cc
         COLOR 0 0 0
         ANTIALIAS TRUE
     END

What are your LABEL part please? And the MAP->UNITS value (meters,
pixels ?) ? I'm in meters.

Le 03/09/2014 07:33, nando_gcia a écrit :

> Hi Armin, I have tried your solution but no difference, still the same
> result. Thomas Raffin says mapserver version does not support well pmappper
> this is true?

Thomas RAFFIN
Chef de Projet Internet
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> Sirap <http://sirap.fr> Tel
: 04 75 72 84 10
Fax : 04 75 70 07 98
Rue Paul Louis Héroult - BP 253
26106 Romans cedex

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

nando_gcia
Hi, my map file is in UNITS-> METERS and LABEL tag code is:

   LABEL
   FONT "vera"
   TYPE truetype
   SIZE 10
   ALIGN CENTER
   COLOR 0 0 0
   OUTLINECOLOR 255,255,128
   TRUE FORCE
   PARTIALS FALSE
   AUTO POSITION
   MAXSCALEDENOM 600
   TRUE antialiasing
   END

I've just tested with Mapserver 6.0.1 and 6.2.1 in Windows and Ubuntu Server:
- Mapserver image in the browser -> OK
- PDF (from pmapper print functionality) -> RESIZE SIZED
- HTML "print" (from pmapper print functionality) -> OK
- Image generation (from "donwload" pmapper functionality) -> OK

I also tried changing the value <pdfres> 1 </ pdfres> with the value 2 in the xml file pmapper and the error continues. I've even changed the font to FreeSans and others.

Any other ideas?

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

Thomas
On my workstation:
- pmapper 4 (trunk version)
- MapServer (Windows) 6.2.1
- demo data
printing HTML and PDF give the same results. I've printed them an
manually superpose the papers, font size are the same at the same scale
and feet exactly...

Other question: what is your output format please ?

Le 03/09/2014 11:47, nando_gcia a écrit :

> Hi, my map file is in UNITS-> METERS and LABEL tag code is:
>
>     LABEL
>     FONT "vera"
>     TYPE truetype
>     SIZE 10
>     ALIGN CENTER
>     COLOR 0 0 0
>     OUTLINECOLOR 255,255,128
>     TRUE FORCE
>     PARTIALS FALSE
>     AUTO POSITION
>     MAXSCALEDENOM 600
>     TRUE antialiasing
>     END
>
> I've just tested with Mapserver 6.0.1 and 6.2.1 in Windows and Ubuntu
> Server:
> - Mapserver image in the browser -> OK
> - PDF (from pmapper print functionality) -> RESIZE SIZED
> - HTML "print" (from pmapper print functionality) -> OK
> - Image generation (from "donwload" pmapper functionality) -> OK
>
> I also tried changing the value <pdfres> 1 </ pdfres> with the value 2 in
> the xml file pmapper and the error continues. I've even changed the font to
> FreeSans and others.
>
> Any other ideas?

Thomas RAFFIN
Chef de Projet Internet
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> Sirap <http://sirap.fr> Tel
: 04 75 72 84 10
Fax : 04 75 70 07 98
Rue Paul Louis Héroult - BP 253
26106 Romans cedex

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

nando_gcia
I finally solved the problem: At the beginning of the map file must always have these two lines:

RESOLUTION 96
DEFRESOLUTION 96

Thank you all for your cooperation.

Re: [pmapper-users] Print pdf in pmapper 4.3.2 change size font

Thomas
great!

Now I remember this problem ;-)